Friday, May 6, 2011

Celebrate good times, come on.

Please excuse the title. I know it sucks, but I couldn't think of anything else. 

I sit here writing to you with a cup of hot coffee and a flannel shirt on. Its 51ºF right now, which is just bizarre for this time of year where I live. (I'm not complaining though, bring on the cold weather!) 

Last night Aric and I went out to celebrate college being officially over for him! Yay! We had every intention of just eating our whole meal at Empire, a tapas place in downtown, but.... we ended up restaurant hopping, which was waaay fun. I didn't get any picture of the first place because we were going to come back later to get him some Absinthe, but... we got tired. :/ Ah well... at Empire we got potstickers, bread with the butter of the day which was some super yummy garlic/brown sugar mixture, and chicken satay with saffron rice and peanut sauce. Sounds like a lot of food, I know, but... it wasn't. At all. But oh man it was yummy!! They had pumpkin sopapillas for dessert which I now regret not getting. Ah well, c'est la vie. 

For our main course we walked over to a local burritio place and got nachos! Yummmm! This is one of our favorite places ever, you can pick what you want on it like a lot of places now a days, but what makes them awesome is the fact that you can get saffron rice and that all their veggies are raw and crunchy! Just how I like them. Oh and their salsa is like "I want to die" hot, which is my fave. 


Yum yum yum!!

We fully intended on getting dessert but... we were stuffed, so we went and got coffee at a local coffee place, Bean There Cafe. By far one of my favorite places on earth. This is the site of the infamous poetry night we used to go to. Darn you schedules... :'( 


Aric got the "Downtowner" which is like... a hazelnut and toffeenut latte, he always gets half the amount of pumps though, which I totally approve of. I always forget to do that too. I got a nonfat (of course) "Little Red Corvette" which is... mocha and raspberry and something else I think. I forget. 


As we all know, I like to wear black. I've kinda gotten complacent with it though because of how everyone around me at school dresses (Light the lighter/brighter stuff at F21. Which for the record, I LOVE, but.. its just not me.) , but... I'm remedying that. I think summer will do me good. 
The shirt is a cute little puff sleeve thing I found at T.J. Maxx for like $7, the sweater is Cha Cha Vente found at Stein Mart on sale for all of $15. I'm addicted to this sweater, seriously. I wear it all the time, poor thing hangs out with the washer a lot. The skirt is from Express, also found on sale for... $12!!! Legging from Forever 21 and boots from Charlotte Russe for $25. Rosary is from a trip my Dad and Step Mom took to Italy a couple of years back. 

I've become obsessed with 90s goth outfits, so I'm sure you'll be seeing lots and lots of cross jewelry and all black from me in the future. I had minty clip ins which I've totally fallen in love with. They were my mom's blonde ones, but I died them and chopped them off. I'm like obsessed. It kinda makes me wish my hair was bleached so I could have a full head of mermaid hair. 


I know you can't tell in the picture, but I'm not short and oddly shaped, I'm in fact freakishly tall in heels... which... I had on. Strange how angles do that to a girl. 

looove this guy! 


xoxoxo,
Ash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment