Thursday, June 24, 2010

Animation camp and things of the like.

Hey guys! So... as you probably know I've been nonexistent for a while now. I'm going to work on that. For real. I am. Anyway, I'll give you a run down of my week.

So... Animation camp started, so I've been locked in a room with a bunch of preteens since monday. Okay, it's actually not nearly as bad as it sounds. It's actually fun. The thing I love about art kids is that they're generally pretty quiet when they're working and they're always working. I love my co-assistant teachers and the main teacher, so that's good. The kids are smart and don't need too much help so really we get to sit there and draw all day. It's a lot of fun and I've actually finished some pieces and started to work on some others, which is nice since I've had major art-block since.... january? I think I might work on some actual animation today. We'll see how that goes... its been a while.

This looks cooler bigger, I swear. 

A ghost wallpaper I made for Aric haha.

Aric and I made banana nut bread french toast yesterday morning for breakfast. It was amazing. Seriously. Try it. You haven't lived if you haven't tried it. I made the banana nut bread from scratch the night before (it's a recipe we now like to call baNOManut bread) but I'll bet store bought is ALMOST as good. Kidding. I'm not a baking snob, I swear. 

In other news, Kaylah over at The Dainty Squid is having an awesomeeee giveaway, I never ever ever win giveaways, but maybe you're just cool and lucky like that and you should go enter too! Anyway, go check it out over here. 


Anyway. I have to be on my way to yoga class so I'm not late, but I'll post again soon. Maybe during camp... hmmmm.... 

For now I'll leave you with what's inspiring me today! 
This:
annnnd....
-Jiri Trnka (creepiest stop motion animation ever..)
-Weird Russian folk art/stories
-Black, black, and more black. 
-Hooping.

xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi, hun!
    I love your blog, and have passed an award along to you! You can find it here:
    http://fishnetshipchecks.blogspot.com/2010/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete