Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In Memory of....

Hey guys, 
I know I've been gone for a while. Its been kinda hard to write this summer because not much has happened in my life up until now. I'm not one of those people who enjoy the summer or have adventures in the summer so... yeah. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you I'll update every day, but I promise I will try, and I promise I'll update more once gross summer is over. Oh how I can't wait until fall. 

So, I said nothing has happened in my life until now, so I wanted to share with you what has happened in my life recently. 

On monday morning, July 5th, I got a phone call from my dad and stepmom down in GA telling me that my grandpa has just had a massive stroke and that there was blood in his brain. He was hanging on for a while, but because he was on blood thinners for his heart my grandpa unfortunately passed away. 

My grandpa was a wonderful man. He was one of those people who became a role model in some way to everyone who got to know him. He was a colonel in the army, and volunteered for more things that hundreds of people do in a life time. He was an amazing person. He had the best sense of humor of anyone I had ever met in my life, and he was the kindest person I think I've ever known. There's no possible way that I can put into words how amazing he was, and I don't think there were ever be an accurate tribute to him. I miss him a lot, and it's hard for me to think I'll never hear him call me "pal" again, but obviously God needed another angel up there. 

So, on Tuesday morning Aric and I woke up bright and early and were on the road to upstate NY. (For those of you who don't know... that's a loooooooong drive from southeastern VA). Despite the sad circumstances and the fact that I was sick (of course....) we had a good drive, and a good trip. It was nice to spend that time with him since he starts work at starbucks this morning, and it was great to see my family even though we were all upset. 

(most recent photo I have of grandpa. I'm going to try to dig up some from when I was little and I'll post them.)


Well friends, I'm off to yoga, but I'll be back soon, I'm feeling some photo-adventure sharing coming on and I have enough for a few posts. Catch you later alligators. 


1 comment:

  1. ((HUGS)) so sorry for your loss!


    btw I am ready for fall too.

    take care and blog when ever you can.

    ReplyDelete